Are you considering hiring a tree service Rio Rancho company to trim or remove a tree? If so, you may be wondering when and why this is necessary. In most cases, tree removal is reserved for a worst-case scenario, such as a tree that is very diseased, damaged, causing damage to your property or becoming a serious hazard.
Tree trimming is something that must be done regularly to maintain a tree’s health, appearance and shape. We’ll help you decide when trimming is appropriate, although it is important if the tree has broken branches or limbs, weak branch unions, rubbing branches or branches that grow close to power lines. This is a preventative measure that can stop insects from spreading or prevent branches from falling and causing injury or damage.
Tips for Hiring Rio Rancho Tree Removal Service
If you’re planning to have a tree removed, make sure you check if a permit is required first. When it comes to tree removal, Rio Rancho sometimes requires a permit, even if the tree is on private property. Speak to a professional tree service Rio Rancho company or arborist first to make sure there are no fees or permits required.
Once the tree is removed, consider planting a new tree in its place. Planting a new tree will restore the balance to your home and help you maintain your property values in the long run.
Can I Do the Work Myself?
Thousands of people are injured performing tree work each year, many of them inexperienced homeowners who believe they can trim a tree themselves with a ladder and a chainsaw. Improper tree trimming and removal isn’t just dangerous; it can lead to damage to your property or your home. This is a very dangerous job that shouldn’t be attempted on your own. A professional will do the job right using proper equipment, safety gear and experience to avoid damage and injury.
A professional Rio Rancho tree service company will also maintain the right business license and liability insurance, which means you will not be liable for any injuries or damage, if they do occur. Door-to-door tree trimmers, on the other hand, may leave you with a hefty bill or medical expenses you’re responsible for if they’re injured or a branch drops on a fence or roof.
Guide to Selecting a Reliable Tree Service Company
Don’t just hire anyone to do the job for you. Follow these tips to find a professional tree service company who finish the job safely:
- Always check that the business has the proper license and current liability insurance. Be careful of anyone advertising tree services in the classifieds or going door-to-door in your neighborhood.
- It’s important to receive a free estimate (in writing!) before you have any services done.
- Time permitting, compare estimates and check the services offered by each company.
- Make sure brush removal and clean-up is included.
- Do not allow any business to begin work on your property if they show up without safety gear and the proper equipment for the job.
- Don’t give any money in advance for services.
- Do not allow anyone to start work until you’ve checked over the written estimate.